My mind has been disjointed for about a week. Rather than not say anything here for another few days, I figured I’d share some items I’ve run across which have interested me recently.
1) This treatise by a conservative and Canadian emigre on learning to love universal health care.
3) There’s someone for everyone, evidently (this link is NSFW).
4) I started a “That Certain Age” circle on Google+. It’s for me and my lady friends to discuss
hot flashes power surges, night sweats, panic attacks, and the like.
6) Re-watching Carnivale with friends. I’d forgotten just how good it is. Also, Sunday potlucks are the BOMB.
7) Dragon*Con prep. 51 days!
9) Excellent quotes shared on the social networks.
The greatest gift you can give to somebody is
your own personal development.
I used to say, “If you will take care of me,
I will take care of you.”
Now I say, “I will take care of me for you,
if you will take care of you for me.”
~ Jim Rohn
10) Karl Christian Krumpholz – illustrator, artist, and all-around nice guy.
13) Trying to figure out what to get The Man Who Has Everything™ for his birthday. I had ideas and then he bought himself every single one before I could get to it. I think I may resort to a really good Scotch this year.
On that note, it’s time for errands and shopping.